Friday, February 10, 2017

Good bye Obamacare, Hello Obowwowcare



"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

    Mahatma Gandhi
I have always had pets. Juliet, Buttons, Sol Fishbein, Baxter, many others. Dogs, cats, hamsters, turtles, goldfish, guinea pigs. Mostly dogs and cats, never birds. It creeped me out when I saw them flying around the houses of my friends who had them. I’m not judging, birds just weren’t for me.

Back to the pets. I’d like to say that I am impartial and that they have all meant the world to me. And don’t get me wrong, I have loved them all but I have had some favorites along the way. Number one in my all-time menagerie was my cat, Maynard. Maynard was a rescue kitten with gold and white markings that looked like plywood swirls.

I don’t think there has ever been a more persistent animal of any species than Maynard. When I first got him he was sickly and worm-infested. The vet said to keep him quiet and “boxed” until he began to recover. Only six weeks old, there was not a box in creation that could keep Maynard confined. He’d bite and claw his way out, even if the box was made from reinforced concrete. Once he had outgrown his kitten illnesses he went on to rule the household but in a charming and lovable way. He woke me every morning for breakfast by letting his persistently runny nose drip into my ear as I slept. He was not to be denied.

Sadly, I lost custody of Maynard in the divorce from my practice wife. But that was more than thirty years ago and we get along just great today. Me and the practice wife, that is. Maynard lived a respectably long cat life and I’m sure that he is in charge of a piece of cat heaven today.

My current CiC (creature in charge) is Bruno the Wonder Dog (I wonder why I ever got him). Actually, he’s a fantastic little (5 ½ pounds) Yorkshire Terrier. Healthy, happy, playful, ever vigilant, never house broken. He’s done a fabulous job of training me and the other members of my household. He ranks right up there with Maynard on my list of Top Pets.

Like any pet owner, my pets have had their ups and downs along the way. We’ve had our share of late night emergencies, high cost diagnostics, surgeries, and other veterinary services over the years. Today veterinary medicine doesn’t lag far behind human medicine in terms of treatments, medications, and diagnostic procedures. Unfortunately, veterinary medicine costs also don’t lag far behind the costs of comparable human medical costs. Personally, I have experienced vet bills as high as $3,200 but hey, these are members of the family and we want to treat them when possible and keep them as comfortable as possible when they approach the end of life.

What pet owner ever wants to be forced to decide on their pet’s future based on the high cost of state-of-the-art medical treatment?

When I decided four years ago that our company was going to offer pet health insurance to our clients I was surprised to see how large this market had grown since it was first created by vets in the 1980’s. I began an exhaustive search of the major companies, not just in terms of coverages and costs but user reviews and customer satisfaction ratings. I wasn’t looking for the cheapest plan or the one that pays the highest commission. Frankly, I was looking for a plan that I would want for my own pets.

After reviewing all of our options we took on HealthyPaws, the number one customer rated pet health insurance plan in the country for three years running. Another reason that I chose HealthyPaws for our clients is that it mirrors our product philosophy for human health insurance. By that I mean that it is one of the only pet health insurance plans that provides unlimited benefits in case of a major illness or trauma. You don’t buy HealthyPaws to cover routine checkups and immunizations, you buy it to cover those big vet bills when your dog or cat is in need of the very best veterinary services available.

Here is just one example that is typical of the hundreds of positive reviews that have been given by HealthyPaws pet owners:

 

We also took on HealthyPaws because the people at every level of their organization are pet people who know and care deeply about pets and their owners. You can’t fake compassion and it comes through in virtually every interaction that we have with the wonderful staff at HealthyPaws. Their exclusive Every Quote Gives Hope™ system means that, even if you don’t buy a plan from HealthyPaws, just by quoting a plan for your pets they will make a donation toward a homeless pet’s medical care.

If you or someone you know would like to assure that you’ll be there for your pets when they need you the most call us about HealthyPaws or take a look for yourself by clicking here.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,
Alan Leafman, President
(800) 955-0418

No comments:

Post a Comment